MIRROR LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE & PARK RULES
With so many new folks on the water, let’s take a moment to review some guidelines for everyone’s safety and lake enjoyment.
1. Please traverse the lake in a counterclockwise direction.
2. NO WAKE in any of the channels at any time.
3. No high-speed boating before 11 am or after 7:30 pm (see below).
4. When towing people (water skis, tube, etc.) you must have a person, in addition to the operator, observing the towed person(s) at all times. Remember to wear your life jackets!
5. Maintain a safe speed and distance of 100 feet from other boats
6. Do not jump the wake unnecessarily close to another vessel.
7. Do not weave your boat through congested areas.
8. After dark, be on the lookout for the lights of other vessels. For smaller crafts, be sure to carry a flashlight to let other boats know you’re there!
Following these rules let’s your boating neighbors know what to expect and keeps us safe on the lake. So, let’s have some fun for everyone!
1. Only Mirror Lake Association Members in good standing with the MLA decal in place may launch boats that they own
2. No guest boats are allowed.
3. No overnight boat mooring at any park, including the boat launch.
4. “High Speed” Boating hours are from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm. “No high-speed boating” is interpreted to mean “no wake”.
5. Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Ban - The use of personal watercraft (Jet Skis) is prohibited on the waters of Mirror Lake.
Boat Launch Code
Each boat owning MLA member in good standing will be issued a boat launch code. The code for the lock is changed yearly. The code will only be issued to MLA members who can show proof of boat ownership. New keys may be obtained by returning your old key with your dues payment.
MLA Boat Stickers
Each Mirror Lake Association Member in good standing who produces proof of boat ownership will be issued an MLA boat sticker for each of their boats. The sticker should be affixed to the upper right side of the back of all watercraft.
A membership card is issued to each MLA member in good standing upon payment of dues. You must have a current card to use MLA facilities, including parks, beach, lake and boat launch. The membership card should be displayed on the driver’s side dashboard of your vehicle.
Parks may be used by MLA members in good standing only. All parks (including the boat launch) are closed between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 am. While using parks or boat launch, please place current membership card face up on driver’s side dashboard of vehicle so it is completely visible through the windshield.
1. No overnight boat mooring at any park, including the boat launch.
2. No motorized vehicles in parks.
3. All dogs in parks must be on a leash.
4. No dogs on the beach or in the swim area in Park A.
5. No fishing in the swim area.
6. No swimming from MLA docks.
The pavilion at Park A can be reserved by members in good standing. There is a charge of $35.00 for the use of the pavilion. The park and pavilion must be left clean and free of garbage for others to use. Visit the MLA website www.mirrorlakemi.org for the reservation form.
Owners of lots with dwellings erected on them (“occupied” property), whether the lots are combined or separate, and whether used seasonally or permanently, shall at all times keep and maintain their property in an orderly manner, ensuring that grass, weeds, and other growth is cut, and preventing the accumulation of rubbish and debris on the premises. The cutting of grass, weeds, and other growth does not apply to unimproved, vacant lots, but does include improved adjacent lots of an occupied property.
Mirror Lake ICE FISHING Rules (Est. 12/2021)
Only Mirror Lake Association members and their invited guests may fish. Members must accompany their guests on the lake while fishing,
All member ice shanties must be marked with the owner’s name, address, and lot number. Guest ice shanties are prohibited.
Mirror lake Security will, upon request, issue an ice fishing permit flag. One flag issued per member household and cannot be loaned out at any time. Any member caught loaning out flag will have ice fishing privileges suspended for the season. Return flag to security if you are not going to use it or if you sell your property. Flag must be clearly visible at all times while fishing.
Vehicles parked at Park A must have a membership card or parking pass window cling in windshield and visible at all times. Violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
All fisherman/women shall always adhere to the State of Michigan fishing regulations which includes having a valid fishing license. All violations will be reported to the Department of Natural Resources at 800-292-7800.