MIRROR LAKE ASSOCIATION
LAKE & PARK RULES
With so many new folks on the water, let’s take a moment to review some guidelines for everyone’s safety and lake enjoyment.
1. Please traverse the lake in a counter clockwise direction.
2. NO WAKE in any of the channels at any time.
3. No high speed boating before 11 am or after 7:30 pm (see below).
4. When towing people (water skis, tube, etc.) you must have a person, in addition to the operator, observing the towed person(s) at all times. Remember to wear your life jackets!
5. Maintain a safe speed and distance of 100 feet from other boats
6. Do not jump the wake unnecessarily close to another vessel.
7. Do not weave your boat through congested areas.
8. After dark, be on the lookout for the lights of other vessels. For smaller crafts, be sure to carry a flashlight to let other boats know you’re there!
Following these rules lets your boating neighbors know what to expect and keeps us safe on the lake. So let’s have some fun for everyone!
1. Only Mirror Lake Association Members in good standing with the MLA decal in place may launch boats that they own
2. No guest boats are allowed.
3. No overnight boat mooring at any park, including the boat launch.
4. “High Speed” Boating hours are from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm. “No high speed boating” is interpreted to mean “no wake”. Violators may be reported to local authorities by calling 911.
This is a Jackson County/Liberty Township Ordinance. Regulation Number 38, Jackson County, WC-38-91- 002 restricts high speed boating on the waters of Mirror Lake, Section 33, T4S, R1W, Liberty Township, Jackson County, states that it is unlawful between the hours of 7:30 pm and 11:00 am to: Operate a vessel at high speed; OR have it tow or otherwise assist in the propulsion of a person on water skis, a water sled, kite, surfboard or other similar contrivance.
Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Ban
The use of personal watercraft (Jet Skis) is prohibited on the waters of Mirror Lake.
Boat Launch Key
Each boat owning MLA member in good standing will be issued one (1) boat launch key. The lock is changed yearly. Keys will only be issued to MLA members who can show proof of boat ownership. New keys may be obtained by returning your old key with your dues payment. There is a fee for lost keys.
MLA Boat Stickers
Each Mirror Lake Association Member in good standing who produces proof of boat ownership will be issued an MLA boat sticker for each of their boats. The sticker should be affixed to the upper right side of the back of all watercraft.
A membership card is issued to each MLA member in good standing upon payment of dues. You must have a current card to use MLA facilities, including parks, beach, lake and boat launch. The membership card should be displayed on the driver’s side dashboard of your vehicle.
Parks may be used by MLA members in good standing only. All parks (including the boat launch) are closed between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 am. While using parks or boat launch, please place current membership card face up on driver’s side dashboard of vehicle so it is completely visible through the windshield.
1. No overnight boat mooring at any park, including the boat launch.
2. No motorized vehicles in parks.
3. All dogs in parks must be on a leash.
4. No dogs on the beach or in the swim area in Park A.
5. No fishing in the swim area.
6. No swimming from MLA docks.
The pavilion at Park A can be reserved by members in good standing. There is a charge of $35.00 for the use of the pavilion. The park and pavilion must be left clean and free of garbage for others to use. Click here to jump PAVILION RENTAL FORM.
Owners of lots with dwellings erected on them (“occupied” property), whether the lots are combined or separate, and whether used seasonally or permanently, shall at all times keep and maintain their property in an orderly manner, ensuring that grass, weeds, and other growth is cut, and preventing the accumulation of rubbish and debris on the premises. The cutting of grass, weeds, and other growth does not apply to unimproved, vacant lots, but does include improved adjacent lots of an occupied property.
Only Mirror Lake Association members in good standing may participate in ice fishing activities (includes member guests).
All ice shanties must be registered with the Mirror Lake Association
Ice shanties must prominently display an official MLA flag signifying approved registration
No guest ice shanties are allowed
Vehicles using Park A for fishing activities must have a current membership card displayed face up on driver’s side dashboard so it is clearly visible through the windshield. Violators will be subject to vehicle towing at owners expense.
To request an Ice Shanty Flag - Contact Security -